Monday 2 January 2023

JANUARY 1ST. A NOTE

 A NOTE:


The old year was seen out by a noise everyone in Ukraine must be waking up to every day!   The whole valley of the Val Dorcia was lit up with colourful missiles which exploded in the same fashion as the drones that the ugly Russian so generously fired at Kyiv this morning with a cheery message saying, “Happy New Year”.

Every four legged animal in the entire district must have been cowering in their darkest corners with their paws covering their ears just as the poor people of Kyiv.   Nobody should be lobbing anything explosive into the already polluted air whether in celebration or in anger.   Think of the expense and the poor starving people of this benighted planet.

No wonder we woke this morning to a pall of fog.   More pollutants were hurled around last night both in Ukraine and in the environs of Cortona and Camucia to compare with one of our world wars.   This burning of money certainly in the case of war should be stopped.   This will prove difficult in the case of the asshole Russians but certainly the Commune will be receiving a letter of complaint from me and my four legged friends who looked worn out this morning from galloping in fear with their coats smeared with dried sweat from the effort of running scared.   

I am not a pessimist and have always thought of myself as a bottle half full sort of person but this January 1st fills me with a gloom I don’t remember experiencing since my divorce days.   It will take a lot of happy news to clear away the taste of strikes and money troubles in our beloved little island in the coming year.   

I have just woken up to the thought that what we all need is a good dose of COMMON SENSE.   Politicians seem to have become more stupid and conniving than in the past, the populace less caring of others, our children expecting everything before they have contributed and our elderly being sidelined instead of being revered.  

If we all woke this morning with a Resolution to speak truth and common sense to power maybe things would slowly improve but if we go on voting for crooks (Trump), and liars (Johnson), our woes will remain and the world will go the way of all flesh.  

I know I have not written above anything that is new to any of you but it has made my gloom a little lighter by the fact that I have thought about our plight and tried to put my feelings into words but I am not hanging by my false fingernails until we see things changing.   They haven’t for centuries so why should they now?

Answers on a postcard please!

Jx


No comments: