Tuesday 28 April 2009

AND SO TO BED!


I knew life was too perfect.

The winter was nearly over. Spring flowers were bursting into bloom and the weather was just perfect for a good dose of gardening!



The spring cattle show in Camucia had been and gone! So had the poor gentle cows!



The local Co-op seem to have bought most of the poor things. It's enough to make me a vegetarian.




Strawberries were appearing in the shops.

The chickens were sitting on their eggs, watched by Lamu!!! Who, by the way found one nest in the bushes and ate all 14 eggs at one sitting. She did look a bit yellow for a while.






Salty's friends had come up to the olive groves for some spring grass.




The ducks joined them!




AND THEN DISASTER STRUCK AND THE AMBULANCE WAS CALLED.

Dear Salty had been in the stable for five days after a muscle strain and our vet had asked me not to lunge him before riding because of the chance of him going mad and pulling the bad muscle again!!!!



Instead, I mounted a strung up, ball of muscle and rode him directly up to the outside school.

I don't remember much after that except being covered with sand and in agony lying on the ground. I could feel my feet and my hands moved which was a relief but I could not be seen from the stables.

Lamu was no help and lay as close as possible, whimpering. The horse came and stood over me clearly upset with himself and that left me looking for my mobile which was in my jacket in the Range Rover!!!

Luckily a young family were riding their ponies around the yard and one of them heard my cries.

Ambulance, bumps, hospital, X-rays, jabs, documents to release myself, promises to stay in bed for two weeks, more bumps, bed!!!

That was three weeks ago and I still feel rotten and the pain is only mildly better. I am bad tempered, depressed and getting fatter on a diet of bread, eggs, pasta, wine and no exercise.

My wonderful sister-in-law Diana, flew all the way from Canada to look after me and I can't thank her enough.

More moaning later.....


THIS IS HOW OLD I FEEL!!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jean it's James and Hatti send us your email as we have lost yours. Jamesking541@gmail.com we were remembering wonderful times and want to send a picture of our newest little one. Ciao

TUSCAN VIRGIN! said...

Hi Kids,

Have just seen your comment on my blog. Shows how often I look at it doesn't it.

Hope you are both well and the family not growing too quickly!@

Much love,

Jean and Aziz.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
our email jean.cami@mac.com